Two weeks remain for victims of widespread flooding earlier this year to apply for assistance.
The deadline to apply for low-interest loans from the Small Business Administration is July 22, and the deadline to apply for grants from FEMA is July 23.
Flood victims can begin applying by going to disasterassistance.gov or downloading the FEMA app. They can also call (800) 621-3362.
In addition, victims can get in-person help at the following temporary registration centers being set up.
FEMA Individual Assistance Registration Support Centers
Hours of Operation: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Open Tuesday, June 8, for the following three counties:
- Powell County: Clay City Church of God: 4200 Main Street, Clay City, Kentucky 40312
- Breathitt County: Old Montessori School: 422 Jett Drive, Jackson, Kentucky 41339
- Johnson County: City of Paintsville Tourism Welcome Center: 100 Stave Branch Road, Paintsville, Kentucky 41256
Open Thursday to Saturday, June 10-12, for the following three counties:
- Estill County: Estill County Enrichment Center: 100 Golden Court, Irvine, Kentucky 40336
- Magoffin County: Magoffin County Health Department: 119 East Mountain Parkway, Salyersville, Kentucky 41465
- Martin County: Martin County Business Center: 104 East Main Street, Inez, Kentucky 41224
Open Wednesday to Friday, June 16-18:
- Clay County: Clay County Community Center: 311 Highway 638, Manchester, Kentucky 40962
Open Thursday to Saturday, June 17-19 for the following two counties:
- Floyd County: Floyd County Community Center: 7199 Kentucky Highway 60, Langley, Kentucky 41645
- Lee County: Lee County Community Center: 500 Mountain Top Road, Beattyville, Kentucky 41311
Locations, dates, and times of the registration support centers are subject to change based on needs or circumstances. Please call the FEMA Helpline at 800-621-3362 to check availability.
You should have the following information available to register:
- Address of the damaged primary dwelling where damage occurred
- Current mailing address
- Current telephone number
- Social Security number
- Your insurance information
- Total household annual income
- Routing and account numbers for checking or savings accounts so FEMA may directly transfer disaster assistance funds
- A description of disaster damage and losses.
The counties declared for Individual Assistance include Anderson, Breathitt, Boyd, Clark, Clay, Estill, Fayette, Floyd, Franklin, Greenup, Jackson, Jessamine, Johnson, Knott, Laurel, Lawrence, Lee, Leslie, Letcher, Lincoln, Madison, Magoffin, Martin, Morgan, Owsley, Perry, Powell, Pulaski, Rockcastle, Warren and Woodford.