CHARLESTON, W.Va. — The West Virginia Office of Medical Cannabis is holding registration events in several cities in the coming days.
The public events for medical marijuana patients will be held:
- Wednesday in Morgantown at Fairfield Inn and Suites
- Thursday in Weston at Hampton Inn
- Dec. 7 in Princeton at Country Inn & Suites
Each registration will be held from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Patients can schedule appointments by calling (304) 356-5090.
In addition to the registration events, eligible residents can register for a medical cannabis patient card at medcanwv.org.
To qualify for a medical marijuana card, patients must be diagnosed with a serious medical condition. Under West Virginia law, a “serious medical condition” is defined as one of the following:
- Position status for human immunodeficiency virus or acquired immune deficiency syndrome
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Damage to the nervous tissue of the spinal cord with objective neurological indication of intractable spasticity
- Huntington’s disease
- Crohn’s disease
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Intractable seizures
- Sickle cell anemia
- Severe chronic or intractable pain of neuropathic origin or severe chronic or intractable pain
- Terminal illness that is defined as a medical prognosis of life expectancy of approximately one year or less if the illness runs its normal course